We Would Like Your Thoughts and Input for The Carer’s Retender
Are you a carer for someone who faces mental health challenges?
We would like your input
Have your say about the future of local carers’ services.
What is happening?
The current contract for carers’ support services for those who care for someone with mental health challenges is coming to an end and is due for renewal. Rather than just rolling the contract over, services are required to reapply and put in a new bid to run the service. This is called a retender. As an independent Community Interest Company, the SUN Network has been asked by Cambridgeshire County Council to organise and facilitate the process by ensuring that carers have an input into the process.
Who currently provides the services?
Current commissioned services for Carers are provided by Centre 33 (Young Carers), Caring Together (Adult Carers) and Making Space (Carers for Adults with Mental Health Conditions)
What does all this mean?
This means that the commissioners (those that pay for the service) need to ensure that the right service provider is delivering a service that people need. This may remain as the current provider, or it may be a new provider.
How can I be involved and have my say?
Each service that puts in a bid will have to answer a question on the retender application form, which has been written by carers. That question has already been written and added to the application form. What happens next? Services will complete the application form and answer the carers’ question. We are looking for carers who would be interested in reviewing and evaluating the response that services have written to the carers’ question and scoring those answers. We will then meet to discuss our evaluation and scores. These scores will contribute to the final score of each applicant.
Why be involved?
• You will have an integral part in ensuring potential service providers have carers needs at the forefront of their service.
• An opportunity to make a difference and influence carers services.
• Boost your confidence and wellbeing through involvement.
We will support you through the process and be working together with you every step of the way.
What happens next? Time scale:
- We are asking you to participate in individually reviewing, evaluating and scoring the answers providers have given to the submitted question, as well as having the availability to attend a workshop where all those involved will come together to agree a final score for each provider who has applied. This will be the second and third step in the process.
- You need to be available to discuss the project one to one with me and sign a confidentiality form and conflict of interest form to ensure a fair and confidential process.
- You will receive the responses to the question, either through the post, via email or hand delivered (your choice) and you will need to have the time free to read, evaluate and score the answers. You will be given the responses to the question on Monday 25th November. You will then evaluate and score the answers and return your responses to me by 4pm on Friday 6th December.
- You will need to be available to attend a workshop on Monday 9th December at 1 – 4pm at the Oak Tree Centre in Huntingdon where all those participating in the project will come together to discuss their evaluation and scores for each response to the carers question. We then need to decided on a unanimous score for each response.
- We will pay £8.50 per hour spent individually scoring up to three hours and £10 an hour for the time you attend the workshop and reasonable travel expenses.
How do I get involved?
Simply email me, email@example.com or phone/text me on 07921 879 318 or write to me at The SUN Network, The Maple Centre, 6 Oak Drive, PE29 7HN
I look forward to hearing from you. Please contact me on the details above if you have any questions or queries.