Free training at Inclusion Church Terrace Wisbech PE13 1BW, Thursday 26 July 2018, 10:00AM – 16:30PM
This training is offered free to delegates who have contact with service users who have the following:
- Mental health problems
- Drug and alcohol problems
Provided by local substance misuse treatment service Inclusion Recovery Cambridgeshire in partnership with Service User Network (SUN).
After the session, attendees will have had the chance to:
– Build foundation knowledge about significant substances using existing frameworks and categories;
– Understand the implications of this framework for the way many substances affect us;
– Ask any outstanding questions about the risks, uses and effects of substances;
– Reflect upon a model of addiction;
– Increase awareness of your own attitudes to drug and alcohol use/ misuse and how these may impact upon your work with service users;
– Gain a basic understanding of a range of mental health problems;
– Increase your understanding of the relationship between mental health problems and drug and alcohol use/ misuse;
– Explore the impact of drug and alcohol use/ misuse and mental health problems on functioning;
– Increase awareness of your own attitudes towards people with mental health problems and how these may impact upon your work with service users;
– Gain knowledge about a range of local mental health, and substance use/ misuse services and how to refer to them.
How much does this training cost?
– Training is provided free of charge, with light refreshments. However, lunch is not provided, but there are local amenities close at hand.
How and why do I need to book?
– Please book a ticket via Eventbrite because we have limited places. Your place on this free course cannot be guaranteed until you book on. Thanks.
What are my transport/ parking options for getting to and from the event?
– Parking for this event is FREE and available at the Church Terrace car park.
To Book Tickets, Click The Link Below: