7th -13th February 2022
7th -13th February is Children’s mental health week. This year the theme is, Growing Together. But what does that mean and how can we help the children in our lives?
With the support from adults, parents or carers, the idea of this year’s children’s mental health week, Growing Together is for children to consider how they have grown emotionally and how they can help others to grow. It is an opportunity to enable the children in our lives to take a moment to stop and reflect on things they may have struggled with or couldn’t do and acknowledge and credit their achievements.
- Talking to children about when they were younger
- Talk about the changes you have seen in them
- Encourage the child to try new things
- Listen to the child’s hopes and dreams
- Support to the child to learn from tough situations – help them acknowledge setbacks and disappointments and how they overcame them
- Encourage self-belief
- Encourage them to be themselves
For more information and helpful links to guidance and activities please click on the links below.
For local support for children’s and young peoples mental health please see the links below
Keep your head – https://www.keep-your-head.com/
Centre 33 – https://centre33.org.uk/