This training is offered free to delegates who have contact with service users who have the following:
- Mental health problems
- Drug and alcohol problems
- People with addictions
Provided by local substance misuse treatment service Inclusion Recovery Cambridgeshire.
Attend this session for the chance to:
- Identify alcohol concerns and those drinking above lower risk levels;
- Build foundation knowledge of a range of substances, using existing frameworks and categories;
- Understand more about the way substances affect us;
- Gain more detailed information about the common substances in use locally;
- Understand more about local treatment for substance users (and their loved ones) and how to refer to services;
- Ask any outstanding questions about the risks, uses and effects of substances;
- Consider how “addiction” influences wants/ needs;
- Understand what happens when humans are hijacked by chimps!
- See how addiction is a hijacker too! (messing with brain chemicals);
- Consider a theory of addiction;
- Understand the role of key brain chemicals/ parts of the brain in addiction.
How much does this training cost?
– Training is provided free of charge, with light refreshments.
However, lunch is not provided. You are welcome to bring sandwiches, and there are several nearby shops and local amenities.
How and why do I need to book?
– Please book a ticket via Eventbrite because we have limited places. Your place on this free course cannot be guaranteed until you book on.
– What are my transport/ parking options for getting to and from the event?
– There is no designated or free parking for this event. There is, for example, Queen Anne Terrace multi-storey car park nearby.
– It may be worthwhile checking your local bus route because the main Cambridge Bus Station (Drummer Street) is close by.
To sign up click this link: