Research involvement for people who have been diagnosed with Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder

Maisie Satchwell-Hirst is a social worker who is interested in researching  service users’ perceptions of being diagnosed with Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder. Maisie would like to present her research project, ideas and material to a group of people with relevant experience and receive feedback to make her research more relevant and acceptable to participants. Please let me know if this is an opportunity you might be interested in.

Summary: The aim of the study is to explore people’s perceptions of being diagnosed with Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder (EUPD). Maisie plans to give people a questionnaire relating to symptoms of EUPD, and also interview individuals who receive this diagnosis to discuss with them their experience of this process and their opinions of the diagnosis.

About the researcher: Maisie is a social worker in the South Cambridge Adult Mental Health Team. Maisie is also doing a Master of Arts in Mental Health Social Work this year, which has a research component.

Involvement: We are looking to recruit six people who have relevant experience and would be willing to read relevant documents before the meeting and provide their feedback during the meeting.

Time commitment: Relevant information will be sent before the meeting. The group will meet once to start with. Maisie will present her research project. Discussion will focus on the research questions and design. Plans for further meetings and ways of working together will be discussed during the initial meeting.

Date: Friday  12th January 12.00pm-2.30pm in Cambridge (venue to be confirmed). Unfortunately we can not provide lunch but please feel free to bring your lunch with you.

Payment: All members of the service user advisory group will receive £10 per hour for attending the meeting. Travel expenses will be paid at 56 p per mile or public transport rates. All claims must be accompanied by relevant receipts. Please note, this income may have implications for those claiming benefits. All income must be declared to the Inland Revenue.

Contact: If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your expression of interest to Iliana Rokkou (

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.